Monday, July 20, 2009

Before our last night as just a couple...

Before we go to bed I thought I would let you all know whats going on. I went in to my OB for my 40 week appointment today. During the sonogram they did a biophysical profile which involves looking at the fluid level and movements. My fluid level was boarder line low and we think I have been leaking amniotic fluid since last night so they decided to go ahead and start the induction process today. They sent me right to the hospital and I called Brian to leave work, get the bags, and meet me at St John's. His reaction was too cute, just "are you serious?" They started medicated insert called Cervidil around 5, which stays in place for 12 hours to prepare my cervix for the induction. Then I get a shower and a light breakfast then it's labor time! They are planning on starting the pitocin around 6am. I am already dilated to between 2 and 3 and I've been contracting since the Cervidil was placed so it may not be a terribly long labor. We are going to try to rest now, tomorrow we meet our baby girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment