Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Victoria's Arrival

Only 5 1/2 hours after starting the induction Victoria was ready to be born! She must have been excited to meet everyone because the doctors couldn't believe how quickly she came. Labor was very intense, but the nurses and doctors did a fantastic job (especially on my epidural). Everything went great and at 11:35am she was born.

I must take a moment to also brag on my husband. For someone who wasn't sure how he would handle seeing me in pain and watching the delivery, he did amazing. He wasn't sqeemish in the least. He helped me through the contractions, did great during the delivery, and he even cut the cord. The doctors put her directly onto my chest and cleaned her off there. So amazing! They allowed us to have her for almost 2 hours before the nurses even took her to do her meds (eye ointment included!). We did eventually have to give her up to be weighed and measured. She was 7 pounds 10 1/2 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long.
We can not believe how blessed we have been. I was so lucky to have such an easy pregnancy and a quick delivery and we're so thankful that Victoria is healthy. She is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment