Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hi Guys!

The twins are three weeks old now and starting to be awake during the day more and more.  They are still good babies (especially Liam) and sleep great most nights.  Liam is a little trooper, you almost never hear him fuss!  Lizzi is a little more fussy but still not bad.  We really were expecting many sleepless nights and we've really only had 2 so far that they got on different schedules and didn't sleep for their long stretch at the same time.  Thankfully Tori hasn't woken yet either (I was so afraid she would hear them cry in our room and want to "help out").

Hi Guys!!!  My eyes are open!! :) 
And they're closed again....  Holding hands! *Love*  These outfits are both newborn size but so big on my little twinkies.  Onesies are so long on them and the waist of the pants are so loose, even after I roll the waist.  I think Tori was out of newborn size already at this point! 

I love it when they are alert and just looking around.  They like hanging out propped up in boppy pillows.
Lunch time!  I try to pump once a day for Brian to give them bottles.  He likes to be able to feed them and we think its good for them to get used to going from breast to bottle for when I go back to work.  They are doing really well going back and forth so far!  I am so happy that our doctors have really supported my breast feeding both of them.  They were concerned about them losing too much weight at first and were thinking about having us supplement with formula but they had me nurse in the office and weighed them before and after to see how much they ate.  They both ate close to 2 ounces so they were happy with that.  Now that they aren't as sleepy they are eating about every 2 hours during the day and going a 6-7 hour stretch at night.  We go back on Monday for another weight check so I can't wait to see how much they've gained.  They have only had breast milk so far.... not a drop of formula!  And I now have around 70 ounces of milk frozen!

Such an angel!!
Such a good big sister...she always wants to be next to them.  Tori's first question in the morning is "Where are my babies?"
Lizzi sleeping again :)  I love how cute they are when they're all curled up in a ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment